'Let your light shine'
The Vision for our school springs from Jesus Christ's teaching in his 'Sermon on the Mount'.
“You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see."
St Matthew 5:14-15 (New Living Translation)
What does this mean to us?
We believe that, in the eyes of God, we are all special and we each have a unique blend of personality and gifts or talents. At Tritlington, our vision is to nurture these talents so that each of us has the opportunity to become the best we can be.
We want our pupils to flourish, thrive and excel, so that their lives make a positive and precious difference - in their classrooms, throughout the school, in their homes and their communities.
Our goal is to prepare our children to make their own, unique contribution to a diverse society and be confident, happy citizens.
To summarise, letting our light shine is all about: 'Being the best we can be, for ourselves and others.'
Our light shines through:
● our commitment to relationships that are warm, truthful, caring, compassionate and forgiving.
● our learning about faith: this is central to the life of school and community, as is our relationship with the Church family and our Christian worship.
● our policies and practices, which promote high standards in learning, teaching and behaviour in all aspects of school life.
● our continuous work to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all.
● our responsibility as stewards of the Earth, caring for our environment and the life that inhabits it.
● honest review and evaluation processes, to ensure that our light is shining as brightly as it can.
Our vision guides us in all that we aspire to be, enabling every part of our community to grow and develop.
Our life together is shaped by six core values:
LOVE - COMPASSION - PERSEVERANCE - FRIENDSHIP - COURAGE - TRUST
Our values flow from Christ's life and teaching and are at the heart of everything that we do.
They guide us, ground us and bind us. Therefore every family from across our community, including those of different faiths and no faith, are welcomed at Tritlington Church of England School.
By listening to the teachings of Jesus, by following the example of Jesus, by living out our values and letting them shape all that we do, we say to every member of our community:
Let your light shine!